Viewing and editing an Object Definition
View an object definition in either of the following ways:
- In any application in which the object is used:
- Open the Page Options menu:
- Select Object
Definition.Note: Object Definition is accessible from all application pages. However, it is not accessible from the Quick Create and Selector pages, which will not have the Page Options icon.
- Navigate to the list of all objects:
- From the application switcher, select Setup Home.
- In the APPLICATIONS SETUP section, click Objects.
- Find the object you want to view and click its name.
The controls on the object view page provide the following functionality:
- The shaded ribbon at the top contains links to subcomponent sections, where you can create, edit, or delete object subcomponents, such as Fields, Relationships, and Pages.
- The Edit button takes you to
a screen where you can edit the following:
- Deployment status
- Object properties and attributes
- The Delete button allows you delete this object definition, but the object must first be undeployed.
- The More actions menu allows
you to do the following:
- Run triggers
- Add a condition to the object
- Move to Dedicated Table
Note: To enable Object Type Attribute for any object definition entity, see Extending Object with Object Types.