Setting up SSO for Portal Users
Single-Sign On (SSO) uses SAML based authentication for logging users into applications. Infinite Blue Platform now enables using SSO for Portal Users and User objects. This allows seamless transition of a user from application to portal and vice-verse, thus trim down the effort of authenticating at multiple instances in multiple scenarios.
Do the following to set up SSO for Portal Users:
- Navigate to Portals from the Application Setup pane.
- You can either Create a New Portal or Select an existing Portal to setup SSO.
- In the Portal View page, Click New Page. Either wise, Select an existing Login Page and then click Properties.
- For a New Page, select Page Type as Login Form & Object Type as required.
- For SAML authentication, create a profile or use any existing profiles to employ SSO for login. For information on SAML Authentication, see Configuring SAML/ADFS Authentication for a Tenant. Ignore, if using Password as authentication mode.
- Once configured, click the Login Page link to get redirected to the IDP Login Page.
- On successful authentication, you get redirected to the portal landing page.
If a portal is attached to any application, ensure the SAML authentication profile is also attached while exporting the application.
If Global Authentication is set as an authentication mode, Portal Single-Sign On is not allowed on the tenant.