Creating an Authentication Profile
Perform the following steps to create an authentication profile:
- From the application menu in the banner, select Setup Home.
- Under Administration
Setup, click Authentication.
The Authentication Settings page appears displaying the exisitng Authentication Profiles (the password, Kerberos and a list of default and system level authentication profiles) and the associated Roles table.
- Click New Authentication Profile to
create a new authentication profile.
The New Authentication Type dialog appears.
- Choose one of the following authentication types:
LDAP: For details, see Configuring LDAP Authentication. This only supports authentication for a particular LDAP sub-tree. To authenticate users across multiple LDAP user groups, use LDAP Advanced authentication.LDAP Advanced: For details, see Configuring LDAP Advanced Authentication. This supports authentication across multiple user groups.HTTP Post: For details, see Configuring HTTP POST Authentication.HTTP Get: For details, see Configuring HTTP GET Authentication.OpenEdge: For details, see Configuring OpenEdge Authentication.SAML/ADFS: For details, see Configuring SAML/ADFS Authentication
Based on the selected authentication method, the relevant authentication page appears for you to configure the authentication details. See the topic for your selected method for details.
- Click Edit to edit a selected authentication
Deleting an Authentication Profile
The Delete option for an Authentication profile is only enabled/visible if the authentication profile is not:
- Mapped to any role as either UI or API authentication
- Default UI/API authentication for that particular customer
- One of the four authentication types - Password, Kerberos, Custom and API token
From the Delete Authentication Profile? dialog, select the Yes, I want to complete this action checkbox and click Conitnue to confirm deletion of the selected authentication profile.